jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: TOURNAMENT BRACKET 1n1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 am 
Site Admin

Not updated yet:

ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: TOURNAMENT BRACKET 1n1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 pm 

This tournament is dead ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 am 

I think to have a successful tournament we need a strict time schedule and rules for kicking people when they don't play within a certain time span. This "you can play whenever you want" just doesn't work.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am 

yuh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am 

restart ok with mew pleyers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

well if someone was updating the bracket^^ ... i'm doing it in 1 sec so we can see the status

There will be a limit of 1-2 weeks now, I'd say. The inactive people of the current round will be kicked then :P

Okay, looks like at all we had 5 fights :X

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 pm 

I already said in a thread sometime back that its pointless to continue, just look at all the failed matches and the matches that are still to come.
Silver vs Haven?
Baste vs Storage?
Kaiser vs Kami?

You could replace both Silver and Haven and have Baste forfeit to Storage but then Storage and Eden would have to play which might not happen so easilly, Storage is probably reliable but Eden is/was inactive and then theres the time difference.
And that leaves Kami, you'd have to replace him aswell I guess.
And who could you replace them with?
Skyking wanted to participate but thats all I can think of, maybe Majonez could ask Melonez and Kaiser ask Sasuke or something.
It would be great if someone could pull this off.

Otherwise a new tournament would be better I think.
It was a mistake to have so many unreliable people but if you recall there wasnt anybody else interested -_-.
GJ on updating anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 am 

You obviously cant rely on random players . Next time if you will be making another tournament , make sure that whoever wants to play must be a trustable person , not storage or rajm hungarian faggots :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:34 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

I think we should offer some replacement if the match partner didn't appear. And I dunno about Storage's activity but I have seen him lately, we were playing with some many LoDs 1n1s to 3 and he was pretty good - especially with dooming^^ so I doubt he plays purely seldom. @Storage I'd like to have your contact! :X (Edit: ok got yours xD)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:27 pm 

I will replace someone, who is not reachable

and i think if all post their msn adds skype icq whatever
would it be easier to contact someone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 pm 

Maybe you should just start a new tournament with a schedule, players which you can trust and rules (which jozuf already mentioned).

I see old players who want to come back and those who are back already for example the clan LoD is back with most of their players, I think they would participate in this tournament too.

And I heard from some players that they didn't even know of this tournament. We should make more advertising for the tournament ingame.

So with all the clans who play (7Soj,iL,E,AtS,BtD(they gud?),LoD,LoC and Team Haze) we should have enough players for a second tournament.

This website is still unknown by the half of the community, we should tell the players that this site even exist. If this site is more known then there will be players who want to participate at this tournament (bot no 200ping amaricen plejers witout WH pleese).

And I guess that most of the players are afraid of loosing in the tournament, we have to tell them that this is for fun too not only for being the best, or to check how good you really are. Of course a tournament is made so you can check who are the best players in jk2 etc. but I think the fun is still the most important cause and a tournament is perfect for having fun in this old game.

Still it's up to you Misery you decide what you are going to do with the tournament in the future I just mentioned some things which speak for a new tournament.

Greetings
Tree Branch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 am 

make a ff torunament

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:50 pm 

Quote:
An idea, not myn - it just interests me and I'm here only to see if you guys are interested and to get it started if you are.
This is only a suggestion, my input and thoughts on it.
Here it is then.

A 1v1/2v2 lame tournament played in 2 rounds with possible timelimit (40 minutes?) and a fraglimit of 5 kills for 1v1 and 25 kills for 2v2.
Double elimination system would be nice so everybody gets a 2nd chance.
The tournament shouldnt be dragged too much, should be fairly simple.
The names are scrambled and the bracket system is made with a random generator or whatever.
Once the brackets are out, players facing each other make a topic here on these forums like "Misery vs Faden" for example.
Inside this topic me and my opponent will try to agree on a date, talk **** etc and eventually post the score with the appropriate demo once the match is played.

The idea is fresh and my friends are interested, so far 10+ players guarantee to participate.
Remember!! these are only my thoughts and IF enough people are interested, EVERYTHING is up for discussion and change...

This is my first post tournament-wise so I stated more than once that this is not my tournament, it was just a cool idea.
Im just trying to say its not really up to me, all I did was make the brackets and write the basic rules.
I can do it again np, let me see some some interest tho, having 2 more players show up doesnt make a new tournament viable.
Talk some sense into the people you mentioned and have them post here, I will be glad to make new brackets/rules and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:47 am 

this tournament is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 am 

Does anyone actually give a **** anymore? I certainly don't and won't be entering another tournament if one is started. Because the jk2 community ruined it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 pm 

[quote="Stealth"]Does anyone actually give a **** anymore? I certainly don't and won't be entering another tournament if one is started. Because the jk2 community ruined it

facking kry yu shitie wrip

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm 

[quote="Stick"][quote="Stealth"]Does anyone actually give a **** anymore? I certainly don't and won't be entering another tournament if one is started. Because the jk2 community ruined it

facking kry yu shitie wrip

lold so fucking hard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 pm 

stick invented new english spelling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 pm 

croco #_ wrote:
stick invented new english spelling

It's Hungarian bro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 pm 

I disappeared because I didn't have internet for 4 months, moved in a new appartment and all, heh.
I'm not just some random player, and if the tournament ever takes place, i'll take part in it. For those whp might have known me, i'm FoU Recon, and I used Haven as a pseudonym to help create a clan that aimed to save the jk2 american community (JS).

All of this really doesn't matter anyways, and i'm FoU to heart, but I love the game and will play in the tournament if it happens.

~FoU # Recon o.O!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 am 

Haven wrote:
i'm FoU to heart

FoU Tiberius/Tibby always said the same line, "I'm FoU to heart", but his heart couldn't handle it.