jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: com_maxfps setting in ffa?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:24 pm 

just curious what settings do people use for com_maxfps in ffa? for ctf people say 125, but for ffa I've seen some people use 142. I guess because it keeps you lower to the ground? I've heard people use other strange values too. what do you guys use?

Post subject: Re: com_maxfps setting in ffa?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 pm 
Site Admin

Lower would be better for adbs for sure. Well there are many websites, I wonder too.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 pm 

well some values I know of are 125 and 333 which put you higher, and 72 and 142 which make you lower. higher would be better for making some jumps and avoiding pull kicks maybe. lower would be better for adbs but it makes some jumps harder. also ive seen people who use fps 200 for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm 

for ffa it does not matter what fps you use.
If you need speed in strafing/rolling (like ctf) best is 50 (if you can deal with the lag)
125 is probably the best but for ffa i would chose 90 or 142 since the hops are lower it makes dbs easy.

But these are best settings i can give you

Com_maxfps 125; Cl_maxpackets 63(optimal), 100 (for best hitting. you will get hitted more as well. including falling kicking etc.) 30 (for parrying and ghosting, you will also fall more); rate 25000; snaps (depends on servers "sv_fps" cmd. if for ffa ppl use sv_fps 20, use snaps 20, for ctf we use sv_fps 100, snaps 100)

p.s
This is from my own experience don't go all nerdy on me explaining how these cmds work. I just say what changes i saw when i was playing around with these cmds.
killzo has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:11 pm 

trying to understand how cl_maxpackets affects how often you fall down. If that's true that would be valuable information for ffa players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:48 pm 

don't ask me. try it out for your self.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Reality explained it to me once and showed the code. The game counts from 1 to 10. If you get kicked when it's 1-3, you will fall. So ~1/3 chance of falling.

Maxpackets could maybe affect the counter to be faster or slower because they increase the fps communication between you and the server(?) - not sure about this tho lol. This would be a really naughty move lol

But that cl_maxpacket 30 (which is default) will warp/ghosting is not true. It's when you do 15 and if you record demos with that, they will lag very hard and it sucks for others as they see you lagging.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:58 pm 

flawless say the cl_maxpackets affects the drain too. He is true nobody wonders why E drains faster ? If u listen , the sound of the animation is faster (i am not sure xD) . But the only thing i know is dat E drains/regen faster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:00 pm 

LOL @ FLAVIUS! BIG GAMMING SON :DDD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

flavius588 wrote:
flawless say the cl_maxpackets affects the drain too. He is true nobody wonders why E drains faster ? If u listen , the sound of the animation is faster (i am not sure xD) . But the only thing i know is dat E drains/regen faster

I guess the only way to test that is to make a comparison video =)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:56 am 

flavius588 wrote:

kid, listen: we dont have any uberhax settings, we're (the ones that are active) just a lot better than the rest of you lot...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm 

maiden wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

kid, listen: we dont have any uberhax settings, we're (the ones that are active) just a lot better than the rest of you lot...

I just Loled , played jk2 , two noobs were talking about how nerd are the jk2 players , i loled , played jk2 , got ganged by E , i loled , went to karate , someone did a big fart , i loled and i diead... :>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm 

flavius588 wrote:
maiden wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

I just Loled , played jk2 , two noobs were talking about how nerd are the jk2 players , i loled , played jk2 , got ganged by E , i loled , went to karate , someone did a big fart , i loled and i diead... :>

wtf?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 am 

flavius588 wrote:
maiden wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

makes sense !

Attachments:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg [ 8.18 KiB | Viewed 2572 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 am 

flavius588 wrote:
maiden wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:29 am 

yesterday i found a good config , it makes u higher for extra easy boosts and jumps and closely to cl_maxpackets 100 effect ( i mean u can miss some triples sometimes , but if u wait 0.7 instead of 0.3 seconds to move mouse up u will have no problem , same yellow swings are more effective and you 'poke' easily [when u start with the sword already in the opponent then swing it back opposide direction , it means a triple].

If you want this config
:>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 pm 

flavius588 wrote:
yesterday i found a good config , it makes u higher for extra easy boosts and jumps and closely to cl_maxpackets 100 effect ( i mean u can miss some triples sometimes , but if u wait 0.7 instead of 0.3 seconds to move mouse up u will have no problem , same yellow swings are more effective and you 'poke' easily [when u start with the sword already in the opponent then swing it back opposide direction , it means a triple].

If you want this config

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
retard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm 

croco #_ wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

If you want this config

retard

坏蛋吗?我觉得你是个傻瓜
:twisted: :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :| :arrow: :) :arrow: :P :arrow: :D :arrow: :lol: :arrow: 8-)

If you don't understand chinesse letters ... google them ,I am sorry if I eat your time of playing games :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 pm 

flavius588 wrote:
croco #_ wrote:
flavius588 wrote:

If you want this config

retard

坏蛋吗?我觉得你是个傻瓜
:twisted: :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :| :arrow: :) :arrow: :P :arrow: :D :arrow: :lol: :arrow: 8-)

If you don't understand chinesse letters ... google them ,I am sorry if I eat your time of playing games :roll:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
even more retarded
please write a sentence that makes sense

Attachments:
retard-receiving-certificate-congratulations-youre-retarded.jpg
retard-receiving-certificate-congratulations-youre-retarded.jpg [ 105.75 KiB | Viewed 2469 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:40 am 

lol croco trying hard to look cool with ur fucking **** memes? LOL GG nub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 am 

[quote="le01l"]lol croco trying hard to look cool with ur fucking **** memes? LOL GG nub

you just proved to everyone that you are under 10 years old

Attachments:
Funny-kid-meme-17.jpg
Funny-kid-meme-17.jpg [ 26.26 KiB | Viewed 2404 times ]