jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Now is possible! (Jk2 1.05 tests)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 am 

Yesterday i back to coding in the project jk2 1.05.
Well. the first things i did are in the main executables

- Removed CD check (no more buggy nocd patches)
- Increased some features (including all SP maps running)
- Included a lot of new colors ^ (included animated rainbow color, and some font styles)
- Included a new protocol to see only 1.05 servers with these servers gameplay changer configurations (1.02, 1.03 or 1.04)

Some Screens:

Code:
i stopped the JK2 1.05 in jk2, because im checking the openJK (jk3 engine) to start a new project there, using this engine to make a "JK2 MP Remake" (JK3 with JK2 gameplays, maps, gfx, etc...)

Tr!Force has been thanked by:

Last edited by Tr!Force on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Now is possible! (Jk2 1.05 tests)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 am 

Yo my friend you forgot the download link.
Looks nice though.

Spoiler:
bughero has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:25 pm 

i feel something cool coming :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

Nice Team-Bots =O
Actually there should be a LoL-Gametype, you know the minions are the bots, the champion is you and you are attacking some big sentry guns untill you get to the hurt xD Surely it's possible and the million people of LoL would give it a try ;D

Quote:
Now is possible!

Yes, download link plix!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:48 pm 

Kaiser wrote:
Nice Team-Bots =O
Actually there should be a LoL-Gametype, you know the minions are the bots, the champion is you and you are attacking some big sentry guns untill you get to the hurt xD Surely it's possible and the million people of LoL would give it a try ;D

team bots? these are my friends who tested with me lol xD. about ur lol gametype, this is a good idea, my community plays league of legends, a friend thinking to make it for jk3. (basing on team battles, changing camera angles, etc...)

Quote:
Yes, download link plix!

i stopped the JK2 1.05 in jk2, because im checking the openJK to start a new project there, using the JK3 engine to make a "JK2 Remake" (JK3 with JK2 gameplays, maps, gfx, etc... but using the openJK and JK3 engine)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Tr!Force wrote:
using the JK3 engine to make a "JK2 Remake"

Sounds more like a JK2 Mod for JKA.. it's a nice idea too but when you think about realising such a project and whether JK2 people will move to JKA (getting the game actually) - I think this is unlikely and JKA people will not play 1.02 and more unlikely 1.03/1.04 (since this is kinda jka already but nerfed) except we get a good mod there which will be attractive to all. Ofc we could make a ~100 mb version of JKA again.. but I would not bet on a success with it.

Better actually is a JKA MAP/GFX Engine mod for both JK2/JKA you know so we have all patch versions of JK2 and JKA community together haha Nah I don't think that will work so easily^^ and actually it would be easier to make a new star wars game based on the codes I guess xD

--

I think connecting the jk2 community of all patch versions would be a huge win already and more likely to realise that's why 1.05 should be continued ;_; and yes maybe we can make a Star Wars LoL mod with 1.05 bots there which would be awesome and everyone would give it a try from outer space and on planet earth :)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:58 pm 

Kaiser wrote:
Tr!Force wrote:
using the JK3 engine to make a "JK2 Remake"

Sounds more like a JK2 Mod for JKA.. it's a nice idea too but when you think about realising such a project and whether JK2 people will move to JKA (getting the game actually) - I think this is unlikely and JKA people will not play 1.02 and more unlikely 1.03/1.04 (since this is kinda jka already but nerfed) except we get a good mod there. Ofc we could make a ~100 mb version of JKA again.. but I would not bet on a success with it.

i dont want to JKA people to play this "remake" i want make it for JK2 1.02 / 1.03 people, and im planning to make only the MP version.

Kaiser wrote:
Better actually is a JKA MAP/GFX Engine mod for both JK2/JKA you know so we have all patch versions of JK2 and JKA community together haha Nah I don't think that will work so easily^^
--

i can change between games only using the command /cl_jk2 "1" and restarting the game, will load jk2... openJK is a mix game.
but.. i preffer using the JKA engine because have a lot of graphic & system improvements and fixes. and we have more options to play (using jk2 sp maps works fully, vehicles and npcs too, etc etc...), if i start to fix the JK2 things will take ages.... (to fix SP maps with workings npcs, and gameplay features...) i preffer to do the gameplay thing in JKA

Kaiser wrote:
I think connecting the jk2 community of all patch versions would be a huge win already and more likely to realise that's why 1.05 should be continued ;_; and yes maybe we can make a Star Wars LoL mod there which would be awesome and everyone would give it a try from outer space :)

my idea is to no see the diference... i dont want make a "mod for jkA" i want convert JKA to JK2... removing all JKA weird stuff and gameplay, leaving only 1.02 and 1.03 gameplay choosable.

Last edited by Tr!Force on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Alright sounds like a plan, ye they fixed a lot of stuff in OpenJK. But still I remember that 1.05 was already playable and for 1.02 gameplay were only minor fixes to be made (like animation) - I thought it was like 99,9% ready ;_; But if you think it takes some time, I dunno, just cut it down and release it :D I so don't want to wait another 2 years Image

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:07 pm 

Kaiser wrote:
Alright sounds like a plan, ye they fixed a lot of stuff in OpenJK. But still I remember that 1.05 was already playable and for 1.02 gameplay were only minor fixes to be made - I thought it was like 99,9% ready ;_;

yes, is playable, but have a loooot of bugs, i dont have any help, and i need repair every bug... is a lot of work... there arent minor fixes.. :(
honestly i want export these nice things to the new engine and start the new project. (i will keep the nice things i made in 1.05)

news: new engine can record demos in avi format, a minimize command, scroll in console, screenshot in HD, and more :O

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Tr!Force wrote:
news: new engine can record demos in avi format, a minimize command, scroll in console, screenshot in HD, and more :O

You know, I would be even satisfied if I clicked on the .exe and joined a server without having any options or menus and such but just a great gameplay xD We so need innovation and in 2015 there will be Battlefront 3 already - this could be a real killer for other SW games^^ Just keep everything simple, core stuff is more important so we get a nice Jedi Knight game running :)

lulz:
Spoiler:

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm 

Kaiser wrote:
Tr!Force wrote:

You know, I would be even satisfied if I clicked on the .exe and joined a server without having any options or menus and such but just a great gameplay xD We so need innovation and in 2015 there will be Battlefront 3 already - this could be a real killer for other SW games^^ Just keep everything simple, core stuff is more important so we get a nice Jedi Knight game running :)

lulz:
Spoiler:

lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Ye, if I understood it right it's not really Battlefront 3 but just "Battlefront". Guess they started the game from scratch again.

ImageImageImage