jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: What do I need to do to get JKII MP to work?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 am 

Update; I fixed it. What it was, was Data Execution Prevention was stopping the execution, but at no point did it tell me that it was blocking it, only that it crashed. All I did was add jk2mp to the exceptions and it works great now.

I have the Steam version, I've actually tried doing this months ago and it would just never work, no matter what I did. I tried again today with the patch switcher to 1.02 and it didn't work, I tried the download in the download JK thread and that didn't work either. I get the basic JKmp.exe has crashed message upon attempting to boot it up, The screen's brightness goes up drastically, the only way to fix it being to start Jedi Knight II SP.

I use Windows 7 64 Bit, I expected compatibility issues but there must be someway to get the multiplayer of this to work. If not, well damn I wasted my time :/ Really wanted to play the MP, i was content with bots on the xbox version but I'd really like to actually play online and have access to mods and addons.

Thanks. Oh and I forgot to mention, the single player works flawlessly, no problems there, so it's not my specs.

Error Log:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: jk2mp.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3c832b11
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f840
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 060f87e0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f840
Additional Information 2: f840bd4e25822d7ae87a884493a50cd3
Additional Information 3: ba84
Additional Information 4: ba84d48aa433bf0c6c7906bf0e022466

While I don't think it's the case(though it might be) here's my specs just in case for whatever reason the MP absolutely doesn't work with certain hardware:
AMD FX 6300 6 core @ 3.5 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD HD Radeon 7850
Windows 7 64 Bit

Last edited by SonofX51 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: What do I need to do to get JKII MP to work?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 am 

Windows 7 run JK2 just fine :) Remember that the Steam version uses modded versions of the JK2 1.04 exe's. I would suggest to just download 1.02 from this forum + the nocd crack linked to on that same topic (download-jk-t244.html) and then add the jk2mp exe from 1.02 to Steam as a non-steam game :) That should do the trick; hopefully ^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

from-1-04-to-1-02-jedi-knight-2-t16.html Downgrader here :?

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 pm 

I've already downgraded the mp exe with the downgrader, and I just now swapped the exe into the steam version's folder and it didn't work, tried launching as non steam game from steam library list too. Ok, I'm going to post the error log from the microsoft thing. I really want this game to work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Maybe you need to change the compatibility mod for the jk2mp.exe (cracked version). Try windows XP service pack 3.

Also maybe it helps to remove all steam related files:
Clean gamedata folder

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 am 

SonofX51 wrote:
I've already downgraded the mp exe with the downgrader, and I just now swapped the exe into the steam version's folder and it didn't work, tried launching as non steam game from steam library list too. Ok, I'm going to post the error log from the microsoft thing. I really want this game to work.

Why even try to modify the 1.04 version from Steam :S? Just download 1.02 from Kaiser's link, and paste it to a completely seperate folder, and use that instead :S?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:57 pm 

hey buddy, download the 100 mb JK2 version from here, it has only the mp version which you want to kick *** xD

ok, and download the process fix and set compatibility mode tp windows xp SP3 on both jkmp.exe and the processfix. this really should work, it does for me

edit:

alternatively, as i have done myself, download JK2 from a torrent site. it gives you fresh jk2 1.02a which is the version you want, sp and mp. you can download it on pirateproxy site. after you have done that, install it and download the process fix from here and again, set comp mode xp sp3 and use the processfix to play jk2mp.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm 

What's the process fix? That might be what I'm missing(unless you're referring to the downgrader)

@Kameleon: I did. I have two versions of JO on right now, the full download from the link and the steam version. Neither's MP work.

@Kaiser: Tried the compatibility. Removed the steam files, this also did not work.

I'm sorry about how much of a problem I'm being, but I really have tried everything so far and no luck, maybe there is a quirk with my hardware that just won't allow it to play this portion of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 pm 

Update: FIXED. I went to Data Execution Prevention and added jk2mp to the list, now it works!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 pm 

SonofX51 wrote:
Update: FIXED. I went to Data Execution Prevention and added jk2mp to the list, now it works!

Glad to hear! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:20 pm 

Now it works dandy, except for one small thing, attempting to launch a server with Ctf_Yavin crashes the game. Workaround?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Ye well, try this lol

This instruction starts a dedicated server
how-to-make-an-internet-server-in-jk2-t708.html

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:37 am 

do u want to start a local server just for urself to play on maybe with bots? in that case, err.. delete nt's mod if you have that one installed, oh and also set your jk2 resolution to a default one instead of a custom widescreen one. go to video settings and pick one of the default screen resolution for jk2.