jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 7:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: SttG Clan Map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:10 am 

Greeting i bring you a project that will be finished hopefully by the end of March , i have been working on this for about 2 week's
and there so i wanted to make it more public about it seeing that most of the community from jk2 that i know , Knows about it so.

Ok lets get right to it then . The map is based in a Modern City type map , (Note this is a CTF map) The blue flag will be put in a crescent in a suburban are.
The red flag will be placed in the more downtown area in a parking lot.There will only be 2 way's to travel in between the other flag's , The street or the park.
because the map will only have limited space between the blue and red flag it will kinda look strange because of some streets/road's will just stop into nothing.
But this map was not my idea it was Requested.So as you can see it is difficult to make curves and such in a city environment.

Here you can see the layout of the map.
photo sharing websites

I have maybe about 35% of the map finished this is just strip "A" of the map.I also added my McDonald map to this map as well but you can't go inside it this time .
Also i added a subway , there may be one more fast food i want to add if anyone would like to make a request for a fast food please comment :).
Most of the houses are the same there are 4 styles of houses i made the base of the houses and then changed different skins for each house .Per-say different kinds of brick.

Ok and here are the rest of the images of what iv done so far.Note i am only showing strip "A" when "B" is done i will put both together and post more images.
ALSO ALL OF THE IMAGES WHERE PRINT-SCREENS FROM THE EDITOR. So no this is not ingame.
This is the full strip of A.

Please let me know anything i can add to this map , Car's are out of the question i tryed and i failed , unless someone els can make them.
Also am not good with making my own sky boxes. If anyone knows how to make one for me that would be awesome! A day blue sky would be nice all add a nice example .
If that fails then all just add Bespin sky =\ .

Well enjoy i will keep you updated.

Post subject: Re: SttG Clan Map
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hm it looks really sterile so far but has nice textures :X Prolly it would be cool for CTF if you didn't have only "one street" as a stage but roof and other alternative pathways, ofc boost possibilities, some high grounds etc. Bonus would be more atmo like driving and honking cars/trucks and so on lol

Edit: btw you get more feedback for CTF stuff on: http://conspiracyofsorrow.com/ - but remember they are assholes there =)

Edit#2: Choose the blue animated sky here (its in the video of flyer) animated-sky-t351.html

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 pm 

Take ctf_yavin sky. Or ffa_ns_streets (night) sky. Want blue sky? Make blue texture and draw a big wall upside with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:33 pm 

So I'm not done the map but i will be releasing beta for the map soon , so everyone can let me know some ideas and some things i could fix up.
Hopeful it wont be to long till it's done but I'm only working on the downtown part of the map now so. Other then the small details I'm about 70% done.

Ok so here are some images , I'm not showing really the downtown part so , But you can see it in the background.I also added a house that you will be able to go inside of.

This is a view of downtown from blue flag.
The park in the middle of the map.
Main Intersection the leads to downtown

This is the house that you will be able to go inside , You will be only able to go in the main floor rooms.
Because i did not want to put a-lot of work into the house it's a ctf map but it's still fun to go in and all.

I also said i wanted a day sky but i think i was make it a night map because it will look cool at night in a city view with all the lights so.
All keep you guys updated and upload beta map download soon.
Zammy has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

You couldn't resist making this living room :D Don't forget the gameplay! :idea:

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:24 pm 

In the PC its JK2 :o !!!!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:08 am 

Ah , So replying to this post its almost 2014 and I'm kinda late replying back to this , sorry get your hopes up if anyone was still waiting for this map , witch i don't think anyone is , The map was lost many mouths ago and was corrupted due to , to many small brushes in the map , so the map would not render ( Finish) at all , So i consider this projected CLOSED , Sorry guys

PS Jk2 has been really dead lately so i prob wont be returning :( Possibly in the summer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:25 pm 

sooooo sad -.-