jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: v1.03/04 is rly the most dumbness-Video and other reasons
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

JK2 Version-Switcher Link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-754 ... r.rar.html
How to: unpackage JK2VersionSwitcher.rar with Winrar in the gamedata folder of JK2, start the JK2vs.exe and change the version to 1.02 (and you can change it back to 1.04).

##Some list for those nerds asking why version 1.03 or 1.04 of JK2 are dumb and not even close to 1.02's fast-paced gameplay##
Reasons why you should play version 1.02 of JK2 instead of 1.03 or 1.04 version:

Awesome CTF and FFA scene supported by 1.02 fast-pace multiplayer gameplay engine unlike in 1.03 or 1.04 version where the game is cut (you can't aim with special saber moves anymore) and its physics are changed to singleplayer which makes you feel like moving in a pudding sauce.

In detail:
=> in 1.03/04 patches you have:
- Too high kicks, 2 times pressing jump key for kicking (no combos anymore)
- When you are down you immediately jump up again and about 10 meters high. (no "kick down and dfa move" anymore)
- Highest saber damage you can do: 20 hp - Kick damage: 4hp (in 1.02 you can instagib/kill people with perfect executed attack movements while the opponents can try dodging them, you can also yoyo kick them to death on ground and mid air - needs skill though!)
- No doubles, triples anymore (You can spam spinning the D-Swing though - carrousel hit, the D-swing with RED stance and spin around lol )
- Drain is useless. Force powers are useless at all actually.
- You can't aim with special attacks - they are stucked.
- You can kill only by saberthrow+kick spam or forward walking and red swing spam.
- Pull Kick yoyo or pull kick at all won't work anymore.
- Grip is useless, you can't move the contrahent by it.
- No doom throws with grip from long distances anymore.
- Movement is from SP = feels like in a pudding sauce. (Kills strafe jumping)
- Force jumps work way different, it's no longer fast paced (Kills gaining speed when strafe jumping)
- No straight strafe jumping anymore = no flying with adbs through several opponents
- On many servers swearing is censored and you can't kill people who pressed esc or are typing. Also you will find many admin mods giving admins the ability to spawn you in jails and stuff. Be sure: Every admin is abusing the admin powers then.
- If someone is getting shild and health packs all the time, you won't be able to kill him => maximal dmg attack in 1.03/1.04: ~ 20hp (except you do the carrousel hit)
- No uppercut flying anymore
- No yellow/blue fast-paced swings with overlapped/chaining hits (you know when you cancel one swing to do the other the same time which leads to multiple hits)
- Invisible absorb until someone uses pull/push/drain/lightning/grip
- No saberfreeze as a tactic, no saberbug-attack in grip as a counter attack.
- In v1.02 SABERS are the strongest weapon. In 1.03 and 1.04 people can shoot you with guns easily - beside the fact that you mostly play on Servers with SABER and Force Powers only in v1.02 unlike the patched versions.
- Rolling got slower and you are floating like on ice (in 1.02 you can very precisely roll, even on the spot so you can feint your dodge direction)

I know I already mentioned it but clearly:
NO LONGER PIVOT WHEN EXECUTING SPECIAL SABER MOVES IN 1.03 AND 1.04!

tl;dr: playing 1.03 or 1.04 makes you lose your last bit of IQ

this is not the best video to show that, i once found one but this one shows it good too
(LOL, this guy just deleted his shitty 1.03/1.04 render)

1.04 has basically this gameplay:

1.03 shitty video - see the chaos in it coz there is no damage system at all:

Original true MP 1.02 JK2 Gameplay when the game came out -
No Cutpatches, nerfs and no Singleplayer pudding physics or drunken movement:

Some raw standard 1.02 gameplay:

STEAM FORUM:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/6030/disc ... 164708635/
Spoiler:
(Don't play 1.03 or 1.04 steam version, they cut the game to unplayability.)
This is 1.04 gameplay: http://youtu.be/PxcIa0UbB6Q

You gotta play version 1.02 of JK2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eehKizfl0UM

Force Fight in v1.02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqBZUhk00c

1.02 CTF:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCkHAXQ4sI

Compare this to 1.04 CTF (sorry for bad quali but you see him jumping with force speed because of pudding sauce physics and no one uses saber anymore but spam gun shooting which won't help to kill him because this game is not CS but more like TRIBE ASCENDENCE when it comes to shooting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmysSYXb578

Another Example of 1.04:
(Pro vs Pro, you can see they fight like bots = holding attack button or throw saber. Damage system is broken it takes ages to do damage or even get a frag)
https://youtu.be/ME5wlOkEftA?t=3m35s

Most used version switcher allowing you to join all JK2 versions with same game https://jk2mv.org/Downloads

Download the downgrader to 1.02: STEAM FILTERED THE DIRECT LINK so get it here if you want:
v1-03-04-is-rly-the-most-dumbness-video-and-other-reasons-t71.html
How to: unpackage JK2VersionSwitcher.rar with Winrar in the gamedata folder of JK2, start the JK2vs.exe and change the version to 1.02.

If you need any help with the game, be free to visit: http://jk2ffa.freeforums.org/ or https://jk2.info/viewforum.php?f=21

Reasons why you should play version 1.02 of JK2 instead of 1.03 or 1.04 version:

Awesome CTF and FFA scene supported by 1.02 fast-pace multiplayer gameplay engine unlike in 1.03 or 1.04 version where the game is cut (you can't aim with special saber moves anymore) and its physics are changed to singleplayer which makes you feel like moving in a pudding sauce.

In detail:
=> in 1.03/04 patches you have:
- The impressive 2 handed backstab in air (adbs) is now too high. You simply fly over enemy.
- Too high kicks, 2 times pressing jump key for kicking (no combos anymore)
- When you are down you immediately jump up again and about 10 meters high. (no "kick down and dfa move" anymore)
- Execution of DFA move (death from above) is no longer possible at all times like at the beginning or end of RED swings which is awful
- Highest saber damage you can do: 20 hp - Kick damage: 4hp (in 1.02 you can instagib/kill people with perfect executed attack movements while the opponents can try dodging them, you can also yoyo kick them to death on ground and mid air - needs skill though!)
- No doubles, triples hits anymore (You can spam spinning the D-Swing though - carrousel hit lol)
- Drain is useless. Force powers are useless at all actually.
- You can't aim with special attacks - they are stucked.
- You can kill only by saberthrow+kick spam or forward walking and red swing spam.
- Pull Kick yoyo or pull kick at all won't work anymore.
- Grip is useless, you can't move the contrahent by it.
- No doom throws with grip from long distances anymore.
- Movement is from SP = feels like in a pudding sauce. (Kills strafe jumping)
- Force jumps work way different, it's no longer fast paced (Kills gaining speed when strafe jumping)
- No straight strafe jumping anymore = no flying with adbs through several opponents
- On many servers swearing is censored and you can't kill people who pressed esc or are typing. Also you will find many admin mods giving admins the ability to spawn you in jails and stuff. Be sure: Every admin is abusing the admin powers then.
- If someone is getting shild and health packs all the time, you won't be able to kill him => maximal dmg attack in 1.03/1.04: ~ 20hp (except you do the carrousel hit)
- No uppercut flying anymore
- No yellow/blue fast-paced swings with overlapped hits (you know when he cancels one swing to do the other the same time which leads to multi hits)
- Invisible absorb until someone uses pull/push/drain/lightning/grip - it's annoying coz Light Side can run and laugh at you while in 1.02 skilled Dark Siders can crush Light.
- No saberfreeze as a tactic anymore, no saberbug-attack in grip as a counter attack.
- In v1.02 SABERS are the strongest weapon. In 1.03 and 1.04 people can shoot you with guns easily - beside the fact that in in v1.02 you mostly play on Servers with SABER and Force Powers only unlike the patched versions where people annoy your fights with gun trolling.
- Rolling got slower and you are floating like on ice while doing it (in 1.02 you can very precisely roll, even on the spot so you can feint your dodge direction)
Not proved yet:
- Wall run can't be cancelled mid air

I know I already mentioned it but clearly:
NO LONGER PIVOT WHEN EXECUTING SPECIAL SABER MOVES IN 1.03 AND 1.04!

ImageImageImage
Kaiser has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: [Aids] The why 1.03 or 1.04 is rly the most **** - Video
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 pm 

BAOOOOHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS?????????????

was hat das fürn sinn? :lol:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 pm 

lmao, pushing the powerups around. priceless.

Spoiler:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:02 am 

[deleted]

Last edited by Killer Bueno on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 pm 

i will do some corrections to ur post.

"In 1.03/04:
Too high kicks (no combos anymore) Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
When you are down you immediately jump up again and about 10 meters high. (no "kick down and dfa move" anymore)
Highest saber damage you can do: 20 hp - Kick damage: 4hp
No doubles, triples anymore. (You can spin the D-Swing though, that will work really good and makes actually the most fun lol)
Drain is useless. Force powers are useless at all actually.
You can't aim with special attacks - they are stucked. Only in 1.04, In 1.03 Only dfa is locked
You can kill only by saberthrow+kick spam or forward walking and red swing spam. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
Pull Kick yoyo or pull kick at all won't work anymore. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
Grip is useless, you can't move the contrahent by it. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
No doom throws with grip from long distances anymore. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
Movement is from SP = feels like in a pudding sauce. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
No straight strafe jumping anymore = no flying with adbs through several opponents Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
On many servers swearing is censored and you can't kill people who pressed esc or are typing. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
If someone is shilding all the time, you won't be able to kill him => maximal dmg attack: ~ 20hp. Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
No uppercut flying anymore Only in 1.04, Not in 1.03
No yellow/blue fast-paced swings with overlapped hits (you know when he cancels one swing to do the other the same time which leads to multi hits)
Invisible absorb until someone uses pull/push/drain/lightning/grip "

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:57 am 
Site Admin

Oh, I didn't know that at all :X

I thought they patched the multiple hits away in 1.03 too. You know e.g. when you do a bs when someone is at wall. In 1.02 you will have as many hits as the bs move is going on while the opponent is stucked there.

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 am 

Kaiser wrote:
Oh, I didn't know that at all :X

I thought they patched the multiple hits away in 1.03 too. You know e.g. when you do a bs when someone is at wall. In 1.02 you will have as many hits as the bs move is going on while the opponent is stucked there.

i know dude, im not saying 1.03 is better ;) i preffer 1.02. but dont compare 1.04 with 1.03, 1.04 really sucks

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 am 

1.03 has the same movement physics as 1.04 :S

e: I found the ultimate video of 1.04 shittyness

You could say he's just a bad player, which would be true. But 1.04's attacks really are that stupid and useless.

Oh btw, the first video you posted got removed after I pwned the author in comments :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:06 pm 

Herpaderp wrote:

You could say he's just a bad player, which would be true. But 1.04's attacks really are that stupid and useless.

Oh btw, the first video you posted got removed after I pwned the author in comments :)

No.
1.03 doesnt has the same movement physics as 1.04, and that video is of 1.04 (united[coruscant] is a 1.04 server)
dont compare! 1.04 really sucks lol, and im an old 1.03 player, i know everything about that version....

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:09 am 

Tr!Force wrote:
Herpaderp wrote:

No.
1.03 doesnt has the same movement physics as 1.04, and that video is of 1.04 (united[coruscant] is a 1.04 server)
dont compare! 1.04 really sucks lol, and im an old 1.03 player, i know everything about that version....

I know that video's of 1.04, that's why I said so. And I never felt any difference in the movement between 1.03 and 1.04. The saber moves and force powers yes, but not the movement.

e: ok I take that back. I went and played some 1.03 to refresh myself and the movement is indeed different. Rolling is like in 1.02 anyway. It's still dumb though, kicks are still too high and slow with annoying double click feature and the saber has no knockback.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:03 am 

Herpaderp wrote:
e: ok I take that back. I went and played some 1.03 to refresh myself and the movement is indeed different. Rolling is like in 1.02 anyway. It's still dumb though, kicks are still too high and slow with annoying double click feature and the saber has no knockback.

lol,i know there is no 1 click kick.
about the knockback there is g_knockback cvar, for ecample g_knockback "1000"

Report this post

Post subject: Re: v1.03/04 is rly the most dumbness-Video and other reason
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 am 

just stop talking about this , 1.03,1.04 is fucking ****

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm 

Last post of thread: Tr!Force - Fri May 04, 2012

Croco - posted Thu Sep 06, 2012
Quote:

okay???...

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:55 pm 

1.05 is shittiest

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm 

[quote="Nerevar"]Last post of thread: Tr!Force - Fri May 04, 2012

Croco - posted Thu Sep 06, 2012
Quote:

okay???...

...someone is hunting croco on this forum.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 pm 

:lol:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:55 am 

but i canst adbs...

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:57 am 

yesyes i know special moves like 4x red hit or 3 and somem other fancy combos but as for training adbs realy helps to develop ur game play and i cant do it anymore since it sucks for me oke and i cant do it but oke ok!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:43 pm 

oke xD maybe okiba can hepl u train hes a noob too !LOL

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:06 pm 

le01l 10/0 np

Report this post