jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Linux Server JK2 1.02 / 1.03 + ReadMe for Linux jk2Ded
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Code:
"Heller,
These fixes are created by Luigi Auriemma, but these files are patched by me using his fixes and some custom ones of my own not listed.
These are jk2Deds for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast that are patched. They are for Linux.

These files have patched for the following:
-Q3InfoBoom
-multircon/rcon blocker
-q3unban

Definitions
-Q3InfoBoom = sends packets from 1 to 1200 that can cause the server to be overflowed and crash.
-Multircon\Rcon Blocker = brute forces rcon commands to the server not allowing anyone to use rcon to see status or whatever else.
-Q3Unban = unbans you from a banned server because of the overflow from cl_anonymous (note: works like 1 out of 1,000 times on JK2)
-Q3Dirtrav = exploit that allows you to download anything inside the base of the server by typing /download (the file) if sv_allowdownload is on
Patches
-Anti Q3Infoboom = prevents the packets to crash (lol I'm not 100% sure how the patch works, but it works)
-Anti Rcon Block = prevents brute forcing of rcon commands being sent more than 1 second, so that the rcon is still functional
-Anti Q3Unban = instead of occupying all the userinfo buffer in SV_DirectConnect it's been truncated at 1000 bytes (instead of 1024) so Info_SetValueForKey can add the client's IP without problems. (note: works like 1 out of 1,000 times on JK2, now it wont work at all)

It wouldn't let me patch 1.04 at all, I assume because I am on windows. Also there is no patch for dirtrav on linux, so yeah, just turn off your downloads. (sv_allowdownload 0)

If you download these here, they will not be like 1.02c or 1.03a. They will have 1.02d or 1.03b.

Future patch for the jk2Ded 1.02c's is anti q3msgboom which I am still working on. Also jk2Ded 1.02d will be 1.02d, but with a capital D (jk2Ded 1.02D) when I fix msgboom, but it will release as a different date, since 1.03a have already been fixed by Ravensoft against q3msgboom."

~JediDog

AIM: evan1715
X-Fire: evan1715
MSN/Live: [email protected]
Steam: evan1715
Email 1: [email protected] (also known as [email protected])
(AIM and Netscape like got together and now are the same company)
Email 2: [email protected]
Forum: http://jedidog.freeforums.org/index.php

=================================================================================
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Attachments:
File comment: Includes: jk2Ded 102d and jk2Ded 103b
Patched Linux jk2Deds.zip [1.56 MiB]
Downloaded 24 times

ImageImageImage