jk2ffa.freeforums.org

JKII 1.02 FFA Community
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to jk2ffa

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: SOURCE CODE FROM NERE CAM (Also Bug Report Topic for joMME)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 am 
Site Admin

Thx to Nerevar who shares it to everyone! You can mod and use it for your projects. You can upload it anywhere you want like github. Be fair and give him credits if you use his codes.

Also let me hint to the most awesome cam mod joMME by Ent jedi-outcast-moviemaker-s-edition-t768.html and http://jkhub.org/files/file/1861-jomme/ which is way better than this (more or less unfinished) Nere Cam in matters of being a cam mod with rail system and rewind possibilities.

However Nere cam has some nice features you may like to have a use of or you even need for a demo which Jomme doesn't have (yet):
Nere Cam - with interpolation physics(?) and menu system
Improved rain (better than in CEH)
Sun effect
FX-Effects - you can place any FX-Effects to be triggered at a certain time
Santa hats and bacta added to players
saber trail extension
Dismemberment/corpsedismember - works perfectly in demos but not in livegame
Eventcatcher - gives you the time of an event to which you can fast-forward
Spectator mod - works like in livegame (doesn't show the other people's hud though which was a feature of lame partnership in the ceh-2-1-by-jozuf-nerevar-t331.html Wallhack)
and some more..

Fixes included:
demo & Disconnect crash is fixed (CTF demo crash fixed too) and jk2mp.exe will quit orderly

Bugs:
Rail Cam turns the other way around or spins wildly sometimes - with cam_lookat you can fix it but it can look unnaturally

cmds:
cam_preloadfiles - the cammod will preload all files which are needed later on before the demo starts so there shouldn't be any user/join/connect/skin/model/change-lags
cam_mousespeed - for freeview
cam_speed - for freeview
cam_smooth - for freeview
cam_collision - freeview has collision
cam_dismember - enable/disable dismemberment on kills
cam_corpsedismember - enable/disable dismemberment on corpses
cam_rain - set rain and its intensity (0-1000)
cam_sun - enable/disable sun flare effect
cam_shownames - show the names of all players
cam_freeview - well, freeview
cam_lookat - lock the cameraview to the set entity (entitynumber 0-1024)(0-31 are players, look into the entitylist)
cam_drawpath - draws the waypoints & effects, if this is activated neither camerapathmovement nor cameraeffects nor cameracommands will start (like in editmode)

DOWNLOAD SOURCE CODE:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9023622/cammod.zip.html
or
Attachment:
File comment: This file got smaller because in the last one Nere forgot to put out his demos from the folder lel Btw. Demos are shitty ;-)
cammod.rar [3.51 MiB]
Downloaded 27 times

Original Nere Cam Mod:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1527-nerevars-cam-mod-for-jk2-v102/

Pictures of some menus:

Video scenes with the cam:
http://youtu.be/me--SDtYKRk?t=3m22s

ImageImageImage
Kaiser has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: RELEASE OF SOURCE CODE FROM NERE CAM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:06 am 

Yay! Really thanks to Nerevar.
So I can add to joMME that mod's way to do dismemberment as Gnur wanted. Maybe people want something else?

About spectator mod. You can switch between players in joMME too and it shows some HUD data on screen (enabled forces, taken flags, picked up items etc) of the followed player. But armor/hp/ammo/force aren't shown ofc. So the feature exists, I guess.

Btw, I am preparing a new version and it will have cool depth of field effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgth8t4ack6vjwf/heh.mp4

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Depth of Field looks really cinematic :D I didn't know you could use a spec mod. Can you tell me the cvar? Also I'd like to know how to bind the timescale you use. Is there any cmd (like speed?) or are you simply using cg_timescaleFadeSpeed? Thank you very much for your works! <3

Btw. I just made some render, gonna upload it soon, so I wanted to mention some minor things that strucked me maybe I'm wrong with them:
1. You can not combo camera mod (1) and chase mod (2) nor you can use them at the same time (switching perspectives)
2. You can not roll with chase cam instead mouse click 2 pushes the cam back
3. If you roll with mod 1 the demo continues to play for the moment
4. You can switch to player view by using X with mod 1 but not with mod 2 (like pressing X when the rail is running so you switch to player view - I love to use that, you know switching camera perspectives)
5. Loading projects works but it says when I load projects with chase cam mod: XML WARN EMPTY line for tag value in line X
6. Game crashes randomly but seldom
7. Timescale fade feature is missing like shift + mouse wheel (that would be cool)

Texture bugs - maybe it's my JK2 but normally you don't have a missing texture at that position.
Sometimes there are several of these boxes lined up and if I reload the demo it's okay again.

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:51 am 

Good feedback, thank you.

To switch between players you need to change editing mode to Chase, by default it's key 2 ("edit chase"). It will show "Edit: Chase" on the demo HUD: http://yourscr.com/465cc26b4073851d5df613b7b6c7ce64.jpg. Then, holding SPACE, click Q (previous) or E (next) to switch players. There is also another way, but this one is the fastest.

You can animate different features in joMME, including demo speed. It's same as other features: you just create key points on imaginary timeline and give certain speed value to each. The best explanation is given in this tutorial: http://jkhub.org/topic/2708-3-how-to-use-the-timeline-feature/. "timescale" command is not used at all, only "line" and "speed".

Yeah, you cannot combine different modes. But you can lock camera on entities with Camera mode too, it just won't follow the entity's position but will follow its own trajectory.
Hmmm, you are not the first who complained about lack of roll in Chase mode. I just decided to not touch it because it is how it was done in q3mme - the original mod. But if it's necessary then I can implement.

"If you roll with mod 1 the demo continues to play for the moment" - if I got you correctly, maybe you just forgot to unhold SHIFT (+seek)? I noticed such a habit of myself sometimes. x]

"You can switch to player view by using X with mod 1 but not with mod 2 (like pressing X when the rail is running so you switch to player view - I love to use that, you know switching camera perspectives)" - if I got you correctly again, you want to be in the same view when switching between different modes. You can try following: being in "View: Chase" set "Edit: Camera" then click F ("edit target"), it has to sync view of Camera mode with current view (view of Chase mode). then just change view to Camera and you will be in the same view. It also works visa-versa.

If it says "XML WARN EMPTY line for tag value in line X" then it's nothing to worry about. If you open the project file in any text editor then you can see that it is just a file with XML structure, and some values that it expects to read are missing, that's because you saved it with it. It's just a warning message. Example of missing but unnecessary value:
Code:
   <group>
      <name>all</name>
      <string></string>
   </group>

"string" tag has missing value, but it's because you did not add anything to "all" tag in "clientOverride" feature. If it bothers you much then you can just delete this "group".

About random game crashes. I made some new fixes in the new version, let's hope those will help to avoid crashes.

Not sure why you'd need to control "timescale" manually, but you can make some "vstr" scripts bound to mouse wheel up and down, which would control "timescale" command. But, I hope the second paragraph about Timeline feature already solved this problem.

Missing textures are rewards from q3a. I unlocked that feature but had to make them disabled by default, my fault. All you need to do is "cg_drawRewards 0".
Btw, me and other guys are preparing JK version of those rewards: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ppog7shkuwq3t7/jkRewards.mp4
ent has been thanked by:

Last edited by ent on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Since I was using Fraps, I could use timescale and used this nice working script. It actually made the same fade effect possible that I saw in your videos I think. However freezdemo doesn't work. But there is "C" for pausing. I guess you mean the rails will not be affected by timescale but I think they were. So I don't see the difference to the "Speed" cmd.

Code:
bind leftarrow "vstr seis_speed-"
bind rightarrow "vstr seis_speed+"
bind downarrow "vstr seis_speed_0.0"
bind uparrow "vstr seis_speed_1.0"
set seis_speed- "vstr seis_speed_0.9"
set seis_speed+ "vstr seis_speed_2.0"
set seis_speed_0.0 "set timescale 0; cl_freezedemo 1; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.1;"
set seis_speed_0.1 "set timescale 0.1; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.2;"
set seis_speed_0.2 "set timescale 0.2; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.1; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.3;"
set seis_speed_0.3 "set timescale 0.3; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.2; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.4;"
set seis_speed_0.4 "set timescale 0.4; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.3; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.5;"
set seis_speed_0.5 "set timescale 0.5; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.4; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.6;"
set seis_speed_0.6 "set timescale 0.6; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.5; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.7;"
set seis_speed_0.7 "set timescale 0.7; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.6; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.8;"
set seis_speed_0.8 "set timescale 0.8; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.7; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_0.9;"
set seis_speed_0.9 "set timescale 0.9; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.8; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_1.0;"
set seis_speed_1.0 "set timescale 1.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_0.9; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_2.0;"
set seis_speed_2.0 "set timescale 2.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_1.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_4.0;"
set seis_speed_4.0 "set timescale 4.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_2.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_8.0;"
set seis_speed_8.0 "set timescale 8.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_4.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_16.0;"
set seis_speed_16.0 "set timescale 16.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_8.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_32.0;"
set seis_speed_32.0 "set timescale 32.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_16.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_64.0;"
set seis_speed_64.0 "set timescale 64.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_32.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_128.0;"
set seis_speed_128.0 "set timescale 128.0; cl_freezedemo 0; set seis_speed- vstr seis_speed_64.0; set seis_speed+ vstr seis_speed_128.0;"

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:22 am 

The difference is "timescale" is the engine cvar, therefore it affects everything, including speed of console popping up/down. But "speed" is a client game (cgame) command, and affects only actual in-game speed.
And what are the "rails"? o:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Well I call camera pathways rails. So being on the rail is like using the camera mod lol

So I made this render where I tried out stuff :)
http://youtu.be/lNnJjqoKf_8

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 am 

Ooo, very nice!
What's with lightmap, btw? O: It uses some opengl hack?
LoL at kyle in panties. ;D

P.S.: I only ported the mod, I am not genius. :/ The real genius is CaNaBiS, who made most of the features in q3mme.
P.P.S.: 2nd audiotrack is from KOTOR, yes?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Lightmap is maybe caused by hd-shader-for-bespin-textures-by-nerevar-t6.html
Ye it might be Kotor!

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm 

Yeah, looks like it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:25 pm 

According to your video, seems like you did not lock Chase cross to any target and let it fly independently. Did you know you can lock it on entities, didn't you? Or maybe you did not lock it for purpose? o:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 pm 

Ported dismemberment. Working almost fine... except one thing: http://yourscr.com/43dc6fe1eec82618032c116b35efbe20.jpg
If you rewind or just continue playing then the killed person will fly as a gib. x]
I probably need assistance in this feature. Could Nerevar appear to help?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

ent wrote:
According to your video, seems like you did not lock Chase cross to any target and let it fly independently. Did you know you can lock it on entities, didn't you? Or maybe you did not lock it for purpose? o:

haha I simply forgot it over the amazing cam mod :D I'm used to not use it from JK2 and Nere Cam as it looked unnaturally. But ofc I will give it a try with joMME! It makes sense when there are fast-paced movements. Thx :D

Quote:
Ported dismemberment.

I ask him! What's your skype addy?

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 pm 

Skype is not a good idea. Maybe irc? I sit on #jacoders: http://www.arloria.net/tiramisu/tiramisu.swf. After typing a nickname, just type "/join #jacoders".

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

If anyone is interested, with Nerevar's help I ported dismemberment and files precaching features from cammod to joMME.
If anyone wants another features from cammod, then feel free to request.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Bug report again under reserve :D

You can't use the same demo name twice, it will just restart the first one being loaded with that name.
(For e.g. play demo02.dm_15, delete it, put another in the demo folder with same name: it won't play it but only the first one with that name)
Restarting the game helps tho. I don't think I had to delete the .mme demos for it.
In addition: Sometimes demos are protected although I don't play them anymore (with game running ofc) so you have to close the game actually.
I know you can say it's meant to be like that and why don't you rename all the demos. Well if I have a bunch of demos I don't want to rename all of them :D

I can't zero the "roll axis", it's not possible to make it 0 again - I'm not sure whether there is a reset button so every value gets defaulted but that would be nice

Deleting camera points don't work if you "finished them" and locked the camera. You can only add more camera points which you can delete until you go for locking. So I always have to go for /camera clear instead I'd like to just do 5 times "B" (deleting) when I see that the last camera points were wrong

Wishes:

If it's not too hard work, I'd like to see the animitions being fixed for rewinding (e.g. speed -0.5). Ofc you can always do that in video software, however it would be a nice effect.

Adding Rain/Snow/Sun effect :D I'm not sure whether you are convinced of Nere Cam's Rain/Sun effect but I like them a lot.
Also adding the eventcatcher of Nere Cam so that you can skip to an event.
(If you need any help with finding the code lines, just tell me)

It can happen that you have things in the end of a (very long) demo. Actually everyone has his things in the end of a demo I guess. So I'd like to be able to reward to the end of a demo without doing "speed 50" and forward right into the void when I went for a drink meanwhile xD If a skip-feature doesn't work, increasing speed values would be nice.

Ok so far. Thx again for your brilliant works! :D

ImageImageImage

Report this post

Post subject: Re: SOURCE CODE FROM NERE CAM (Also Bug Report Topic for joM
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:42 am 

There is a documentation about a half of your problems. If people ever read them... But nvm, I think it's my fault anyways that I did not mention them often enough.
Tutorials: http://jkhub.org/forum/76-tutorials/
or http://jkhub.org/tutorials/category/15-specific-mods/
or http://q3mme.proboards.com/board/3/tutorials
Information about all commands and cvars could be found in files cmds.txt and cvars.txt that are placed in "mme" folder.
Those tutorials and files contain a lot of answers to your problems.

The only solution for your same name demos is probably only a cvar mme_demoRemove, which will delete an ".mme" demo after finishing demo playback if set to 1.
Not sure about protected demos, they should be always unlocked in you are in menu.

You can set specific position, angles and fov for camera. There are two ways. The first is a command "camera". It contains a lot of subcommands (see cvars.txt) to please very user. You can type "camera", hit ENTER and it will display all subcommands with explanations. Same for "chase" command, "line", "capture" etc.
If you just want to reset camera roll then all you need to do is type in the console: /camera angles a0 a0 0. "a" key means you add value to current one. Thus it will add 0 to pitch, 0 to yaw (means won't change them) and set 0 to roll. The roll is reset.
The second way is to activate demo HUD which is on left part of screen. Using command "hudToggle" you switch between inputs. Bind it to some key (I personally have it on mouse3). You will now be able to use cursor and select different elements of demo HUD and modify them: http://jkhub.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display§ion=screenshot&record=24724&id=1712&full=1
Just put cursor on the string with "Roll:", click mouse, remove current value with BACKSPACE and type your own. Then hit ENTER, type "hudToggle" and you get back to regular inputs.

To delete keypoints you have to be synchronized with them, so do that you have to be in editing mode where you used your keypoints in, then just click Q or E to switch to prev or next keypoint. It will synchronize your time and keypoint time and now you can delete it. You can find this info in the tutorial with number 1.
Additional info: you can modify already set keypoints. Just synchronize with needed one, lock the view, and move in space.

Demo supposes go forward only. It will require a lot of changes to support backward moving. So no, I won't even start trying to support backward going demo, sorry. The negative speed is more like a bug than a feature.

Could you show images/video of rain/sun/snow effects? I need to see if they are worth to be done. Because there is already command for weather "r_we". Not sure if it even works, but works in JA and I'd better port it from there.

Events... I am not sure. Sounds like another pain in ***. Try command "find death" (it also could be found in cmds.txt). It will start fast forwarding until it reaches death event, and pauses. Do again if it's not what you want etc. I hope it will be enough.

Homework: check cmds.txt which is still placed in "mme" folder and find two commands "seek" and "demoSeek". Find out how to use them to fast forward or rewind instantly to desired time.
Spoiler:
For naughty children: use "seek" command which takes value in seconds.milliseconds and "demoSeek" command which takes value in minutes:seconds.milliseconds. Also "seek" can go fast forward or rewind in given time, just use "seek +" or "seek -". It still takes values in seconds.milliseconds. For example: if we need to skip 1 minute of demo we type "seek +60" in the console; if we need to get to 13:33.337 moment in demo we type "demoSeek 13:33.337". But you'd better check the file.

Oh and I am so bad that mme_demoRemove is a new command. And "hudToggle" doesn't take any input in the latest official version. But it's fixed in my current. So wait for the new version to get that cvar and correctly working demo HUD.

P.S.: writing all this made me hungry.
ent has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:27 am 
Site Admin

Ok thx for the detailed information! However you really don't have to be so detailed except you wanted to put it in an instruction :D I'm fine if you just write "camera angle reseting is: /camera angles a0 a0 0" However the things you tell me here - I haven't found them in the instructions at all like I couldn't find the word "spectator".

I really like the Idea of an eventcatcher. Let's say you have a 60 min long match demo and you made one awesome kill where you stopped the demo. That's my technique actually - just stopping the demo then. I think everyone is doing that (or they rly want to search it afterwards). As I really don't know how long the demo is, you can't see it by bytes (the more crowded/events the more mb), you have to fast-forward the whole demo which can take minutes. That's why I suggested a cvar so you can skip to the end. Speed 50 is pretty slow to me in that matter. If you can do max values there, that would be nice as well. Eitherway it's good to have an overview like an eventcatcher which gives you the time so you can skip to it.

Nere Cam features:

Sun effect can be seen in the video very good:
http://youtu.be/qTQUwS7pNaQ?t=26s

Rain:
Actually it is the original rain from SP however I don't know how Nere converted it for MP. Since he updated the effect that rain drops get vaporized on the saber, it's crashing often. I think it helped to reduce rain quantity to value 30.

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:32 am 

You probably did not read carefully. If demo is 60 minuites long and you want to get to the end then do "demoSeek 60". Not the end? Do "demoSeek 120". Missed the end? Try "demoSeek 80" etc. I still don't see why would I need that event catcher.

I will look what I can do with rain and sun.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:03 am 
Site Admin

ent wrote:
You probably did not read carefully. If demo is 60 minuites long and you want to get to the end then do "demoSeek 60". Not the end? Do "demoSeek 120". Missed the end? Try "demoSeek 80" etc. I still don't see why would I need that event catcher.

I will look what I can do with rain and sun.

As I said, you never know how long a demo is. It can be 20 or 60 mins long and have same size. However it's some comfortable feature surely. But if you can increase the maximum of "speed" (I think max is "50" atm), that would be already fine. Also you can't do minus demoseek like -20 so you really have to be careful when fast-forwarding.

The event catcher is cool because you have that kind of overview you'll never get about a demo. You can look up the chat (which doesn't have to do much with movie making ye) and I suggested it because it's already coded :P And, again, it gives you the time of the events.

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:32 pm 

"speed" command is not limited at all. Browsing demo with old timescale way is something wild for me, when you can go instantly to needed time. What to be careful about? Do you understand "demoSeek" command? It's about direct time, how did you even come with "demoSeek -20" if demo starts from 0:00.000? So if you do "demoSeek -20" you will get to 0:00.000 time.

And what the problem of unknowledge of length of demo? As I told above just try the possible maximum, for example, "demoSeek 200" (3 hours and 20 minute), if it was too big, then type again 2x lower value etc.

Forget about that event catcher. It goes against principles of joMME.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ah ye I understood it wrong. I thought it was just adding + X time because I had weird times displayed. So I did +20 and wanted to go back -20 which didn't work (it won't go to zero by that, only by 0). But ye, it's direct time from begin ;-)

I just remember that I often searched for frag series in long demos and with an eventcatcher you can just look it up :P Without it I wouldnt have found the last series which one can see at the end of my Vimeo render https://vimeo.com/97906960 I always think too much in functionality than in principles nor aesthetics, so I thought you could just take it in without implementing it any further. You know like a schedule you can just pop up. Alright ;-)

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:58 pm 

How long did files precaching take in Nere Cam?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:24 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for taking so long. Well I never had the feeling that demo loading took longer with the mod so I don't think it takes much time.

ImageImageImage

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm 

Alright, made some tests: ~1 sec for 2 MB demo. so if yours is 10 MB then it will be not longer than 5 sec.

Also I submitted new joMME on jkhub. Waiting for the approval and then I will make a new release post.
ent has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:04 pm 

thx for this :) i will check somethings because i back to coding

Report this post