Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 pm
Tr!Force wrote:I started to code the first Jedi Knight Plus mod in 2005 when i was 15 years old. The main goal is to reunite the most useful and innovative stuff to the game enviroment, specially porting some features from Jedi Academy, another games, and of course, making new ones.
| ______________________________________________________ |
|| [JK+ Mod v1.0 Beta Release] ||
|| _ _ __ __ __ _ _ ___ ||
|| | | |/ / _ | \/ | ___ __| | / | / _ \ ||
|| _ | | ' /_| |_ | |\/| |/ _ \ / _` | | || | | | ||
|| | |_| | . |_ _| | | | | (_) | (_| | | || |_| | ||
|| \___/|_|\_\|_| |_| |_|\___/ \__,_| |_(_\___/ ||
|| - Jedi Knight Plus Mod for JK2 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04 ||
|| - Developed by Jedi Knight Zone™ ||
|| - Http://Jk2.GZNetwork.com ||
Note: THIS MOD IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT, some features may be disabled. If you found a bug, problem or an error, please contact the developers.
More information at the end of this file.
1. SERVER FEATURES
• Fully working 'In-Game GamePlay changer' to switch from 1.02 / 1.03 /1.04 versions!
• New Bot AI's (Artificial Intelligence, harder bots!), such features, as:
- Bots that can hop almost as fast as human players (• 30-39 km/h speec in ctf_yavin for example)
- Customizable difficulty setting cVar (gm_botskill, 1 = easy, default jk2; 2 = faster, dbs& dfa; 3 = nightmare!)
• Fully editable Weapon Features (damage, ammo speed, firing rate& speed, ammo max. limits)
• Customizable Chat-Censor filters
• In-Game chat commands (Status, Teleports, Actions, Info, etc…& toggleable chat-colors and chat-modes [team, clan, admin, private-channel])
• Ranking & Player Account system (Stores Kills, Deaths, Suicides, Captures Wins & Loses, and favorite Name & Skin)
• Message of the day (MOTD, console& center-screen) showing a custom welcome message.
• New "Pause Mode" to instantly stop everyone on the server during game-play. (For multiple purposes)
• New Mini Game Modes. (Insta-Kill, Rapid Fire, Survival Mode, Last Man Standing, etc...)
• New Auto SP Map Fix, to automatically fix Single Player maps to work in Multi Player.
• New "Hold The Point" gametype: conquer enemy bases with your team!
• A brand new gametype: "manhunt" (never been featured in a mod in this way before)
2. CLIENT FEATURES
• Over 72 player emotes (or animations) (sit, dance, spin, throw, surrender, and more...)
• New atmospheric effects within the game (Rain, Snow, Wind and Sun)
• New In-Game MP3 player (with support for higher bit-rates)
• New Anti Script feature (against cheaters)
• New Rank Icons for the scoreboard (Also show Wins/ Losses and Flag Captures)
• New Mini Keyboard display to see your keypresses on-screen or those of the player your currently spectating (Special, to learn movements ie.)
• Two chat display modes (Jk2 style at the top & Jk3 style at the bottom)
• Three chat display icons (Jk2 style, Jk3 style and Custom)
• Improved 2D Hud rendering (Not streched anymore, fits on to your screen)
• Improved jk2 font rendering (Completely remade from stratch)
• Fire lightsaber style, to add real fire effects to your lightsaber (Also burns the enemy body parts)
• Fully working jet pack to fly around the map
• Grapple hook, to climb against walls
• New 4 fully drivable vehicles (tie fighter, x-wing, at-st & swoop bike)
• In-game clock showing your actual local hours, minutes and seconds
• Speed-O-Meter, to see your real in game speed and your best record (Km/h and Un/s)
• In-game server list to join another server without disconnect
• Special new combos and movements for staff-sabers (one-hand dual-blades!)
• Special Reverse-lightsaber style (in addition to blue fast, yellow, and strong red styles) with new combos applied (like star killer)
• Enhanced basic hud (cg_hudfiles 0)
• New FPS and Server Time display
• New force points display with numbers in the normal hud
• New feature to choose custom hilts for your lightsaber
• New feature to enable the push/pull force effect color to match with the color of your lightsaber
• New feature to choose the color of your second blade (staff-sabers)
• New feature to choose how long the saber trail is
• New feature to choose a custom in-game duel- or challenge-music
• New feature to choose flag transparency (for CTF game type)
• New feature to add colors (with extended color-codes, eg. orange, crimson red, orange) to your name with a simple click (player menu)
• And more...
3. MAP MODDING FEATURES
• Over 15 new entities (turret, cannon, vehicles, recovery, items, etc...)
• Add models in-game or load from a file inside the map (GLM or MD3 format)
• Add effects in-game or load from a file inside the map (EFX format)
• Add Pre-Made useful utilities (NPC Generator, Info Consoles, C3PO Guide, etc...)
• Add any entity with the custom entity feature (trigger, func, etc...)
• Change any shader live in-game
• Modify entities live in-game
• Delete entities live in-game
• Save feature to get all above changes automatically added in to the next map/server load
4. ADMIN FEATURES
• 3 admin levels with configurable powers
• In-game player statistics (banned, kicked, reports, cheaters, etc...)
• Numerous new punish commands (Slay, silence, sleep, rename, lock, etc...)
• Helpful commands for gamers (teleport, weapon back-pack, powers, etc...)
• In-game history logs (cheaters and user reports)
• Ability to control bots (fake chat, quiet, running, melee, etc...)
• Private admin chat
• And more...
5. CLAN FEATURES
• Protected clan tags (with clan login)
• Special teleporting (saving position)
• Custom clan weapon-pack with some weapons
• Private clan chat
6. SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION
The installation is simple. All you need to do is:
1. Go to GameData (its the directory which holds jk2mp.exe or jk2ded)
2. Unpack the "JediKnightPlus_v1.0" directory into GameData.
*** NOTE ***
Do NOT unpack "JediKnightPlus_v1.0" FILES into GameData! Only unpack the full directory,
so in the end it looks like this: ... /GameData/JediKnightPlus_v1.0/
3. Configure the files inside "JediKnightPlus_v1.0" to suit your needs. (JKPlus_ServerConfig.cfg, JKPlus_CustomXX.cfg, etc...)
4. Launch the server binary (jk2mp.exe or jk2ded.exe on Windows, jk2ded on Unix) using the following parameters:
"X:\yourjk2path\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set fs_game JediKnightPlus_v1.0 +set vm_game 0 +exec JKPlus_ServerConfig.cfg
./jk2mp +set fs_game JediKnightPlus_v1.0 +set vm_game 0 +exec JKPlus_ServerConfig.cfg
5. That's it! Your server is now configured to use Jedi Knight Plus Mod!
7. CLIENTSIDE INSTALLATION
1. Join a [JK+ Mod v1.0] server. (You will be only in spectator mode)
2. Open the console with [Shift] + [• ] keys.
3. Type: /cl_allowDownload 1 ; reconnect
4. The client will be downloaded and should work immediately after the download finishes.
This method works on servers which have got sv_allowdownload 1.
If the desired server doesn't use it (or if downloads are locked in the server):
Download the client side and simply put the JKPlus_ClientSide.pk3 file in GameData/JediKnightPlus_v1.0/ directory.
8. The Team
• Project Author: Tr!Force
• Lead Programmer: BarryHit
• Programmer Assistant: [Free Slot]
• Map-Modding Lead: Abrum
• Map-Modding Assistant: [Free Slot]
• Modeling & GFX Lead: [Free Slot]
• Modeling & GFX Assistant: [Free Slot]
9. CREDITS AND CONTACT DETAILS
Special Thanks Go To:
• Lee Oates (Anti-Script base structure)
• DeathSpike (Force Plugin related info and tips)
• Nerevar (Camera tips & Ingame server list)
• Rich Whitehouse (Melee Weapon Structure)
• NTxC / Reality~ (1.02 related info and tips)
• Tox Laximus (Bots AI related info and tips)
• JediDog~ (1.03 related info and tips)
• Wonko The Sane (Some jk2base fixes)
• [DARK]Boy / Daggolin (Mapping and Model animation tips)
• Ouned / Twitch (JK2 MV and MV API)
• x[Dsk]x Clan (Support & Beta Testing)
• Kameleon (3D Model Draw Angles Fix)
Copyright (C) Jedi Knight Zone™ 2006-2016
Visit the home page:
Feel free to write us if you got questions regarding the mod!
E-mail: [email protected]
THIS SOFTWARE IS STILL BETA.
WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF IT MAKES YOUR GAME CRASH IN YOUR FACE.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION,
RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:43 am
Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:00 am
Kaiser wrote:Tr!Force wrote:█░░░░10%░░░░░
First of all my christmas prayers got heard but I didn't pray for a relaunch^^ I wished we could have this for the release of Star Wars 7 because people are interested in SW again like you too as I see But better late than never!
However let's be excited about it. I love the screenshots and what I see. Although I think you should make it at one point even more public so everyone can join your server with a beta client - ofc when you have a stable beta. And please - we need an Europe Server! Maybe removing stuff which crashes atm will help launching a stable version?
In 10 years of learning the game codes, Tri, I absolutely admire your position and ambition to work with JK, best thing ever =)